Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis
(05-26-2022, 02:55 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 04:45 AM)Bally002 Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 04:37 AM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: I can't be certain, but I believe that the Amish won't do too badly or much worse at least in all this. I see them in town shopping for things some times, but I never paid mind to what they were buying.

They need clothes, shoes, eyeglasses, health care, and many of the same things regular folks need, but they do provide much for themselves from farming, lumber mills, making furniture and wood working, black smith work, they have their own schools, etc.

I admire this.  While they appear a little back woods in my perspective, they have their finger on the 'pulse'.  They will survive.

I had a good conversation with an Amish fella two days ago.  I went to the archery store too buy a new bow and he was there looking for reloading supplies. The shop is anti-political (they hate everyone in politics ... know they're all corrupt).

I was surprised how in-tune this Amish fella was.  I listened to him talk to the owner for 20 minutes on the way things are politically.  His bottom line was that the Amish would probably survive in there was no dedicated backlash targeted against them for being capable of surviving any shit-storm the Biden/0bama administration has in store for the country.

Cheers mate!!

Yep, the whole damn world is changing fast & furious.

I've had random visions that those that live off-grid and those that live way out in nowhere land that are more or less self-sustaining may be the one's who rebuild civilization after the collapse.

A few years ago I had a total kitchen renovation. I hired a private contractor who had a small army of Amish carpenters/tilers/plumbers. They built custom wood cabinets and installed them, along with new countertops, custom design splash board, new floor, sink, new window, lighting & new appliances. They did a fantastic job and used power tools...but only on a job site.
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis - by EndtheMadnessNow - 05-26-2022, 05:39 AM