Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis
My brother pens his chickens at night, because they go to the coop to roost.

He opens the coop in the morning and they free roam, but they come back to the coop every night.

Rocky is there to protect them during the day, but we have a lot of sneaky, little critters that like to roam in the woods at night, and chicken is at the top of there menu.

He was had an encounter or two with a bold coyote, and a bold hawk, but they both went away empty handed.

He had one hen that didn't make it home one night. We have no idea where she went, but she came home a couple days later. She was sure happy to be back home. We were happy she came back, fit and sound.

I found a rooster, about a mile from my home, caught up in some brambles. I set him free. I hope he made it home. He wasn't one of ours. It was the weirdest thing hearing his distress call in the middle of nowhere. I was really surprised that he was just fine when I found him. 

He was a big beautiful boy. He would have been a prize for any of the critters that call those woods home.

I am going to try your recipe. I have to go into town tomorrow, I hope I can find some glass jars.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-24-2022, 04:37 AM