Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis
(05-24-2022, 03:57 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 03:49 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Just boil your eggs and pickle them.  Vinegar, a little salt and pepper afterwards is your brother/mother in this process.  Save your glass jars too.  Place the eggs in glass with vinegar.  Don't relay on plastics.  Place them away in a cool location and you'll know if you've done right as the lids require a wrench to open for us weak wristers.  

Thoughts as I love farm eggs,

Bally :)

Great idea! I never thought about that!

The chickens belong to my brother. He is religious about his chickens. No table scraps. No GMOs. Everyone of them have a name, and they are spoiled little rascals. Mother, my brother, and my nephew do most of the work. I just give them away.

His chickens lay between 35 or 40 eggs a day. A good portion of them have double yolks.

I simply let my chooks (chickens) roam.  The only time I pen them up is when I plant.

Boil the eggs hard.  10 minutes most.  Let them cool.  Peel the shell.  Have a glass jar (sterilized) open and ready. (No shell or pieces thereof).  Pour raw vinegar about one third to the jar.  Place cooled eggs into the concoction.  When topping up, then ensure your eggs are covered with fluid.  Before capping with lid, (tricky part here) then heat in microwave for 30 secs.  No longer,

Mit gloves,  remove (so the glass doesn't burn your hands.)  

Place sterilized lid on.

Doesn't matter how large your glass jar is or what spicy recipe you use.  As long as you put the glass container into a spot out of the sun and leave it to brew for about 2 weeks. 

Your hard boiled eggs will taste epic.  Great for salads when sliced.

Easy Peasy.  Save your glass jars.

Kind regards,

Bally :)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis - by Bally002 - 05-24-2022, 04:15 AM