Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis
(05-20-2022, 02:42 AM)ChiefD Wrote: Thanks for posting this. Very nice comprehensive list. So scared after reading your post. I don’t know if this country would make it if something like that happened here, like in Venezuela, Argentina, or Greece. Most people in this country don’t have the means or space to keep much on hand.

I am fortunate enough to live in the country. I am close with some of my neighbors, but even those that I am not close to, still are very generous with their goods and produce. After church we have an area were most will congregate for fellowship, and on most Sundays, the area looks like a mini farmers market. Everyone that has any excess, brings it, and will share with any that need it.

I had a trunk load of baby clothes, toys, and books, that I was so happy to share with the families that would put them to good use. There is almost always eggs, and always whatever produce that is in season. I was given a huge bag of corn, fresh from the fields, that was so sweet and buttery, all you needed was to cook it, nothing needed to be added.

It was not always this way. It started with one person. Sam used to bring us Scotch Bonnet peppers. Then blue bananas. Arthur started bringing his star fruit. Then someone brought avocados, someone else brought corn, Wendy and I brought eggs, and it just sprang from that.

Now is a good time to make connections. We have already discussed how we would work together and make stone soup, as long as we could, when the SHTF. No one is going to be able to make it alone. We have drifted away from neighbors and community. Now we need strong neighborhoods and community more than ever. It really doesn't take a lot to get people together, more of us are on the same page than most people may realize.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-20-2022, 02:39 PM