Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My husband is a Saint I tell ya!
Well done KDog!

(Selfish dialogue below!)
Last year -just after BIAD had watched his old shed being torn down and a new one put in its place,
I decided to utilise the wood from his home whilst we waited-out the Covid-related Refuse Tip clampdown.

Here in England, our town Council had decided that to avoid catching the China-flu in an open-air setting,
one needed to access their website, fill in particulars regarding vaccinations and download information for
their cell-phones to display to some guy at the Tip that one has been approved to dump rubbish in a skip.

As my late-Dad used to say: "I'm too-old of a cat to be f*ckin' about with kittens" and so, we declined
the invitation to take part in the lemming game.

I built a rustic table and having access to all this wood, I thought a dandy-looking pitched roof would make
the plant-pot-holding bench more appealing. This is heavy wood I was using and so -after adding a dab of
wood-stain and attaching grit-felt tiles to the roof, my wife and I hauled the table onto our decking and left
it for this year's warmer weather.

A few weeks ago, I added a trench-pot of seedlings to the bench and attaching a shelf high beneath the roof,
I placed the remains of some gentle plants in a wicker basket that came to celebrate Christmas. The tiled-roof
was ideal for keeping the frost off and now as Spring was waning and Summer was just around the corner, I
thought the formidable-looking bench would lose some of its 'roughness' when bedecked with flowers.

The Met office (weather) said the day would be 'breezy-to-blustery' and it was. Yet, as I typed away another
Peggy Powler episode on this laptop, I glanced out of my conservatory window to see the weighty bench fall
over and spill its contents onto our decking.

Somehow, this heavy table -that took two people to lift ,had been blown over by a 'blustery' rush of air.
I lost a lot of seedlings due to the damage of the fall and now I'm hurrying to make-up for the supposed-accident.

I now believe it was Pixies -and probably under instructions from Boy In A Dress, who never forgave me for
replacing his old abode with a bigger one.
tinysure
The bench is now secured to the decking balustrade via a clever screw-appliance and being mature and lenient
in my years, I whispered "shift that yer' bastards" as I tightened the locking-mechanism. Up to now, it's still okay.
tinybiggrin
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: My husband is a Saint I tell ya! - by beez - 05-14-2022, 02:58 AM
RE: My husband is a Saint I tell ya! - by kdog - 05-14-2022, 04:43 AM
RE: My husband is a Saint I tell ya! - by beez - 05-14-2022, 04:50 AM
RE: My husband is a Saint I tell ya! - by senona - 05-14-2022, 05:36 AM
RE: My husband is a Saint I tell ya! - by BIAD - 05-14-2022, 08:08 AM
RE: My husband is a Saint I tell ya! - by guohua - 05-15-2022, 03:04 AM