Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boxing Harry and the mythology of the Full English Breakfast
(04-23-2022, 11:57 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(04-23-2022, 06:30 PM)DISRAELI Wrote: Oh, yes, throwing pre-sliced bread into the pan is very quick and convenient, which is part of the point. When commercial caterers add hash browns, chips etc they will certainly be using pre-packaged products out of the freezer. As for peeling and slicing fresh potatoes, that again misses the point of quickness and convenience.
I take it, then, that southern gentlemen never fell into the habit of getting up, making a pot of tea, and then taking their wives a cup of tea in bed, as my dad always used to do.

Nope, we never got in that habit. Matter of fact, I think that if Grace didn't outright slap me, she'd at least give me "the look" if I attempted to serve her tea in bed!

She's a Midwesterner rather than a Southerner, but seems to be acclimating nicely.

Hmm, try a different method of serving her in bed.  Maybe a leering smile.  Or say something romantic like, "I not wearing any underpants."  Followed by a stifled cough.

But stand back.

Kind regards,

Bally:)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boxing Harry and the mythology of the Full English Breakfast - by Bally002 - 04-24-2022, 12:05 AM