Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Clinton: Half of Trump supporters are in 'basket of deplorables'
Another hypocritical moment....of calling Trump's slogan (MAGA) racist, when Bill used it himself several times in the past (((duh)))

Bill Clinton vowed to ‘make America great again’ in 1992, now says slogan is racist

Quote:Former President Bill Clinton says Donald Trump’s “Make America Great Again” slogan is racist, despite using the exact phrase himself several times during his 1992 presidential campaign.

During a campaign event Wednesday for his wife Hillary Clinton, the 42nd president said Mr. Trump’s rallying cry to “Make America Great Again” is a racist dog whistle to white Southerners.

“That message where ‘I’ll give you America great again’ is if you’re a white Southerner, you know exactly what it means, don’t you?” Mr. Clintonsaid. “What it means is ‘I’ll give you an economy you had 50 years ago, and I’ll move you back up on the social totem pole and other people down.’”

But as Fox News pointed out, the former president has used the exact phrase several times in his political career.

At a 1991 campaign event in Little Rock, Arkansas, Mr. Clinton declared, “Together, we can make America great again.”

He used the same phrase again during a speech in 1992 and during a television interview that same year.

In a campaign ad for his wife in 2008, Mr. Clinton said, “It’s time for another comeback, time to make America great again.”

Pffft.....both of them, Bill and Hillary, are such hypocrites.

(VIDEO) Bill Clinton: "If You're A White Southerner," You Know What 'Make America Great Again' Really Means

Quote:Former President Bill Clinton stumps for his wife in Orlando, FL. He says that Donald Trump's promise to "Make America Great Again" is a racist codeword. "If you’re a white southerner, you know exactly what it means,” Clinton said.

"I'm old enough to remember the good old days," he said. "And they weren't all that good in many ways."

"That message -- I'll give you America great again -- "If you’re a white southerner, you know exactly what it means, don't you? It means I’ll give you the economy you had 50 years ago and I’ll move you back up the social totem pole and other people down,” Clinton said. "What Hillary wants to do is take the totem pole down and let us all go forward together!"

And now you can see for yourself, Billy boy saying the same motto himself.
Yet no one called it a "racist" remark.

WATCH: Four Times Bill Clinton Promised to Make America Great Again

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clinton: Half of Trump supporters are in 'basket of deplorables' - by senona - 09-10-2016, 05:56 AM