Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Peggy Powler & The Unusual Issue On Murdigon
(01-28-2022, 09:56 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 04:13 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: Another good one. 

Where do you get the ideas for all these beings?

Cheers and I must get on with the further telling!!

Peg Powler is a water spirit that legend has it, lives in a river near where I live. Known for her need to drag children
into the water, I just thought her name was an 'everyday' name and could be used for a character who goes around
in a make-believe world, subtly interacting with themes that are supposedly interesting in ours.

The magic-aspect is there to merely represent the 'Spiderman credo' -(great responsibility comes with great power)
and I try to keep it stunted for the reasons you mentioned in another tale of Peggy. One magic-spell could solve all
the problems Peggy encounters, but would that be entertaining?

I attempt to portray her as a down-to-earth blue-collar woman who holds a particular conviction that she doesn't push
onto others, but when called upon, acts for the whole and shrinks from the fame of resolving everyday -but unusual,
issues. This makes her necessary, but still an outsider.

The other characters come straight out of my head, but some of the places Peggy visits are a mixture of old village
names and have tales connected to their titles. Take Hexham for example, it has a story that involves stone heads,
werewolves in sheep-fleece and a weird curse from the heads discovered that may be quite modern.
Then why do we always attach the supernatural to the past?!

I just hope her endeavours are interesting and reflect a way of life many in this world, take as normal.
There are genuinely strange things that happen here and there's little need to get immersed in the trivia that certain
medias like to display as concerning. As Peggy would say, a lot of it is "A Bag of Shite!".
tinybiggrin

The stories are Very Interesting and the Characters are Great,,,,, it is a great story to read  even Translated in Mandarin Chinese. (makes it easier for me)
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peggy Powler & The Unusual Issue On Murdigon - by guohua - 01-28-2022, 04:37 PM