Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hey kids, Let's Have Fun At After School Satan Club
(01-14-2022, 09:21 AM)Freija Wrote: @"Kenzo" I think you're totally missing the point and were as triggered as they want you to be. This is a political advocacy group and I would say the majority of their members are actually atheists fighting for their "religious freedom" or in other words, freedom from religion particularly as it pertains to religious influence on laws and government which is something I can totally get behind. Think separation of church and state.

I think the sarcasm and irony in their intentionally triggering imagery and cloaking their activism under the guise of religion is brilliant.

Religion is a belief in something without proof thereof, because gods tend not to jump through hoops for mortals, and so frequently refuse to provide the evidence required  by non-believers in that brand of religion. "Faith" is the belief, without evidence, that fuels religions. Therefore, Atheism is just another religion. They are not agitating for "freedom FROM religion", they are simply insisting of their own brand of belief, which is a belief in nothing, also without evidence.

You see, for there to be evidence in favor of their religion, there would have to be positive evidence that a god or gods do not exist. There is an old axiom that says "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence". Just because they have not been given evidence that a thing is not does not mean that is proof that it is not. It's not evidence that evidence is unavailable, it's just evidence that they do not have that evidence. There are classified documents in Langley that I do not have copies of. That does not mean they do not exist, nor is my failure to posses copies evidence of their non-existence.

Just another religion, among many.

They have the same rights as the rest of the religions, but no more... and no less.

If that's their best shot at political "social justice", then their best just won't do.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey kids, Let's Have Fun At After School Satan Club - by Ninurta - 01-14-2022, 09:49 AM