Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[England] The Liverpool Explosion.
(11-16-2021, 11:12 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: Hey BBC, I got it. I do not blame every Muslim I see for this. Just the guy who did it. The mysterious funds and expertise do raise an eyebrow. IMHO, it is worthy of some investigation so maybe - just maybe - if he has a buddy who is planning on doing something similar we can save some lives maybe. That does not make me an Islamophobe. It makes me concerned for people's safety.

Precisely. It does not make us Islamophobes, it makes us bombophobes. We don't like bombs. All that concrete, wood, and body parts flying everywhere. It's untidy. We don't care what the culture of the bomber is - we just don't like bombs.

I'm not an Islamophobe, despite having a couple of them trying to kill me for a while. I figured that was their personal problem, not a problem of the entire culture. I would never have married Grace had I been an Islamophobe. She didn't have that pesky "Imo kill you" personal problem that some had. I've had a couple of hillbillies try to kill me for a while, too. Doesn't mean I turned my back on the entire Appalachian culture over it. If I did, I wouldn't be here now. They just had a personal problem that we worked out. Never mind how - their personal problem got solved, and that is all that really matters. I'm a people person, and sometimes that involves helping folks to solve their problems.

I'm sure there are some Muslims who would (wrongfully) blame me for Grace's conversion, and try to kill me over that, too... but that is also their personal problem. I don't throw rocks at all cows just because a couple of bulls charged me.

BUT - If I ever say to anyone "that sounds like a personal problem to me", they'd best back slowly away, 'cause I'm done talking at that point. We are then ready to get into problem-solving territory.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
[England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by BIAD - 11-15-2021, 03:53 PM
RE: [England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by BIAD - 11-15-2021, 07:30 PM
RE: [England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by BIAD - 11-16-2021, 07:11 PM
RE: [England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by BIAD - 11-16-2021, 09:58 AM
RE: [England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by Ninurta - 11-17-2021, 01:07 AM
RE: [England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by BIAD - 11-16-2021, 01:48 PM
RE: [England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by BIAD - 11-16-2021, 05:50 PM
RE: [England] The Liverpool Explosion. - by BIAD - 11-17-2021, 07:29 PM