Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What will the Millennials do,,,,,
Thumbs Down 
(10-31-2021, 02:46 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(10-30-2021, 11:59 PM)Nomnomine Wrote: I'm a millennial. I know how to fish, hunt, trap, etc. I have minimal social media presence. I can build a shelter and a fire. Like we don't know how to code break, devise tactics, fight, feed, breed, what have you... Millennials are nearing their 40s and you still speak like we're children. Like we haven't fought our wars or gone through our own economical turmoil. Yeah. It's only you. The ones who criticize us are the most prosperous in human history. How horrible it must've been. See how that feels? Because that took sacrifice. At least you got some spoils.

What would I do? It depends. Could we survive? Without a doubt. Maybe weed out some soy boys in the process unless they had the balls to help a common cause. It doesn't take much to contribute. The real question is: in case of a Carrington event, what government is justified?

My son is a millennial, so, yeah, y'all are kinda like our kids to some of us, literally! ROFLMFAO!

He knows how to hunt, fish, trap plant, fight, and survive, too. And he already has his own patch of ground to do it all on, so he'll get by as well. I did what I could to make sure he had the necessary skills, and the rest was all on him - and he's come through with flying colors.

But I'm certain as can be that you and he are in the minority of millennials. Most I have met have no idea which end wags and which end bites, and too many of them think steak and eggs are generated in styrofoam trays at a grocery store. No doubt millennials have had sacrifices - it's all part of living, isn't it? - but their sacrifices and ours were different. Not better, not worse, just different. Ours prepared us to go it without technology if necessary, although there are a fair number of boomers who can't get that done, either. Our parents generation was probably the last that had to do such things on the daily as a population, not us. Not most of us, anyhow. Some of us did, but not many. I was one who grew up without indoor plumbing, cutting and splitting my own fire wood to heat as a necessity, and reading by a coal oil lamp at night. But like you, I was in a minority even then.

Since you have the skills, now it is incumbent upon you to pass those down to YOUR kids, just as I did, just as my dad did, and just as my son is now doing. Always remember, though, that you can teach them the skills, but it is up to THEM to take those lessons to heart and apply them. What is going on here now is not much different from my dad's generation telling us "JAY-zuz! We buy yer books and send you to school, an' all ya wanna do is eat yer fuckin' teacher!" It a generational thing that has been going on at least since the days of Plato - welcome to the club!

And one day, if you are lucky, you too will reach the age where you find yourself saying "KIDS these days!" 

smallrofl

In the case of a Carrington Event, damned little government is justified. Some one to keep order is about it, because the sort of government we have now will be in the same boots as the rest of us - unable to do anything for us that we can't do for ourselves. It would most likely be every community for itself, and the Devil take the hindmost.
We've opted out of having children. Unless we have an accident. It's in the cards. We're just the crazy aunt and uncle with no responsibility who challenge the nieces and nephews to survive the worst parts of society and their worst fears. BTW, KIDS these days. Pull you head out of your flying scooter phones and think. My family luckily has money. I don't. Money only goes so far during hyperinflation and unrest. Let's hope that doesn't happen. Thank God I finally own land now. All paid off.

Messages In This Thread
What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by guohua - 10-29-2021, 08:17 PM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by guohua - 10-30-2021, 12:40 AM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by Kenzo - 10-30-2021, 03:36 PM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by Kenzo - 10-30-2021, 05:44 PM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by guohua - 10-30-2021, 07:41 PM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by guohua - 10-31-2021, 02:28 AM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by Nomnomine - 10-31-2021, 03:35 PM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by BIAD - 10-31-2021, 10:25 AM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by guohua - 10-31-2021, 05:01 PM