Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things Have Certainly Changed Rapidly
@"Snarl" 

People will be back in the stores soon enough! With so many delivery drivers quitting over vaxx mandates it's taking longer and longer for deliveries to arrive. What used to be delivered same or next day is now taking upwards of a week. And now (at least in the US) the postal service has announced that they will be moving much slower and deliveries will take longer and longer. In the rural areas it began a few years ago (P.O. only delivers my mom's mail 2-3 times per week out of 6 delivery days) and a lot of times packages get returned undelivered though no one even attempted to deliver them.

Soon we will have no choice but to go back to shopping in stores but the shortages have already begun in some areas. Every time we go shopping we find less and less of what is on our list and what we do find costs nearly twice as much. What we picked up this past week would have cost around $70 pre-covid instead of the $130 it cost now.

As far as "fatties" go they are indeed multiplying and I myself and edging closer and closer to joining their ranks. With most I am guessing high carb, processed comfort foods are the culprit along with inactivity. Also a lot more people are taking meds that have weight gain as a side effect, though I was ahead of the game in that aspect (have been on meds that cause weight gain since long before covid). Stress and unnatural sleep patterns play a lot into weight gain as well and I am sure many are having those issues too.

I'm sure the "fatties" will start shrinking when food shortages start really heating up but I expect the anxiety and anger levels in these people to go off the charts! Going on a diet of one's own free will makes you extremely cranky, imagine what a forced diet will do!

Just stock up while you can, sit back and watch the show. It will become extremely interesting very, very soon! 
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Things Have Certainly Changed Rapidly - by Snarl - 10-11-2021, 02:05 PM
RE: Things Have Certainly Changed Rapidly - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 10-11-2021, 04:56 PM