Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What GORDI has been up to lately... Wooden Pens!
(08-13-2021, 07:23 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Those look phenomenal! I'm with @"Schmoe1" on the choice - last picture, far left, I can hear that pen calling my name. It's more the shape than the type of wood that calls to me.

I looked for your Ebay store, but without success - what gives, bro? You hoarding the pens?

My hobby was a little more destructive looking, but it kept my mind occupied. Lately, I've turned to growing things in an effort to make a kinder, gentler me. Not sure that's taking, but it's worth the effort. Cooking herbs and medicinal herbs are where I'm going to concentrate for the time being - I've only got about a half acre that I can work without having to cut down massive trees in a vast swath of forest, so I'm a little limited at present.

But seriously - If you are turning these things out in any kind of quantity, an Ebay store might be in your future. It's like I used to tell my ma, it's better to make your money on a hobby than to toil all your life at a job you hate!

THAT sir, is your heritage calling you!
It's a Celtic fancy slimline pen in Olivewood with 24ct gold hardware.

I added the bulge/finger rest shape as a wee experiment, because I'm a clumsy big lump and tend to lean a little bit heavy on my writing instruments... the bulge assists with preventing having to grip too tight to minimise slipping down the pen shaft (ooer!)
I'm still very much learning my craft, I have now sold a few pens to people who've seen them and demanded to pay me for them, but I don't yet have any plans for a store.... quite yet! LOL

I totally agree that it's better to make money from something that you'd choose to do as a hobby anyway, absolutely!

Cheers,
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What GORDI has been up to lately... Wooden Pens! - by gordi - 08-14-2021, 11:43 AM