Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I think one of the neighbors brought spirits to our building
(04-03-2021, 04:37 AM)ABNARTY Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 02:30 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 04:17 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: I have often wondered what it is like to be "sensitive" to the things you describe.  

I have never seen or experienced anything you are talking about. Totally open to its existence, just have no clue what it is. 

Maybe that's a good thing. I'd hate to walk into a room and have the X-Files music cued up.

It can be quite terrifying! I was a nervous wreck for a huge part of my life. It took years and years to conquer the fear. I've been dealing with the paranormal since I was 7 and am 54 now. It is not fun or exciting and it creates a whole lot of problems. For example after spending a few nights at our house one of the kid's friends was so freaked out that she spread her story at school and nobody would come for a sleepover for a few years and the kids were ostracized. Some of my friends who had witnessed activity wouldn't set foot on my property, only stopping on the side of the road if they saw me outside to say hello. Others I had to run off myself because they had seen too many ghosthunter shows and did their best to rile the spirits up- making life more difficult for us. It is no picnic being sensitive and I would gladly stick my head in the sand and forget it all if I could.

Wow! I guess those things could really mess with one's life. 

You mention the ghost hunter shows. There seems to be a deluge of them these days. In your expert opinion, do any of them have any basis in reality? My sons and I debate what goes on in those shows but the truth is we have no idea. They seem more faux-fear than anyone sincerely trying to understand. Just wondering.

I think that most of them are a bunch of hooey! Especially the ones where they go in acting disrespectful and talking trash trying to goad entities into putting on a show for their cameras without a thought for what the residents will have to deal with after they leave. And their "spiritual experts"? Some of them don't know their assholes from their elbows, everybody is a freestyle "witch". "Exorcists" they bring in crack me up, especially those supposedly sanctioned by the Catholic Church- the church doesn't sanction lay exorcists. Supposed psychics performing from scripts. Anybody that can afford the price of a cell phone can video wherever or record EVP sessions with same phone, there are even apps that replicate Ghost Box phenomena. Any idiot that can act scared on cue can have a hit show!

The only good ghost hunter shows are small time serious amateurs who invest their own time and money into research and equipment. Harder to find than the network and cable stuff but much more genuine. Amazon Prime has some good stuff. I tend to like anything that the company Small Town Monsters puts out among other small, indy documentary makers.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think one of the neighbors brought spirits to our building - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 04-03-2021, 05:01 AM