Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Supportive foreigner's opinion about the current state of USA
(02-09-2021, 04:42 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: To those who dwell outside of the USA:

The MSM makes it sound like people are ready and willing to go to war against each other- which is the biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever seen! If you believe the "media" urban people are forming armies intent on forcing rural people into following their evil liberal ways and rural people are preparing for the onslaught, safe in their climbing tree stands with their night vision goggles.

The truth is that I live in the largest city in my state and couldn't tell you what ANY of my neighbors political beliefs are, and none of them could tell you mine. Nobody cares. All of us have people (family, friends) in rural areas and most rural folks have people in the cities. Cities and rural areas are interdependent whether the residents would like to agree or not. Cities need the goods provided by rural areas and those from rural areas need the markets and employment opportunities that cities provide.

But some people just aren't happy with that, and they want to change it.

People become extremely emotional over politics, even more so with entire generations being on mind-altering drugs since infancy. As more social media platforms become involved the emotional factors are played upon, then the mainstream media drives it all home with propaganda. It is the biggest psy op in history being performed right before our eyes. Whoever is directing this stage play is programming the citizens of a free country to start a civil war. The weak minded are already bending to the chosen narrative.

The only way to beat them is to refuse to play the game. Don't watch television except for the weather report. If you can't avoid social media "snooze" everyone getting overly emotional about politics. Remember that it is only four years and those years will pass oh so quickly. Think with your brain rather than allowing your emotions to be played upon. If they can't twist your emotions they can't play you.

Forgot where I was going with all that. Oh well, have a great day!

You live in the city, and I live in the country, but your words ring just as true here.

I have been involved in community work, and it has been crazy busy at my State job. I have engaged, and had numerous discussions with those that I know, and those that were strangers to me. Not one time since the election has anyone even spoken of politics with me. Even when the internet was blowing up pre, during, and post Inauguration. I agree that most people don't care about the political affiliations of their neighbors.

I had the amazing opportunity to work with a group of young adults for the last couple of months, and I spent two days writing letters of affirmation for them, as gifts. I was again reminded on how distorted the images of life are on the internet from reality. If only half the young people in this world are as dedicated and committed to family and community as those young people I worked with, then we don't have a thing to worry about.

@"Finspiracy", America has her problems, but it is nothing like what you are seeing in the media or on the internet. For every ten people they show you on the internet that are full of hate, and want war. There are tens of thousands that are compassionate, caring, and just want to be left alone.

I will share this because it again reminded me of how people are just people, even when they are angry or hurting.

I saw a man a couple of weeks ago. He looked angry. He was aloof and barely looked at me when I spoke to him. He walked past me and sat on a bench as far away from everyone as he could. Don't ask me why, but I took him a Chick-fil-A sandwich, and a cup of coffee. I walked over, handed them to him, smiled, and walked away.

He didn't even say thank you, but I didn't expect him to. When I was cleaning up, he walked over and asked me if I needed any help. I told him that I was almost finished, but thanked him for offering. He said okay, and walked away. He turned around and said, "That sandwich was really good". I told him thank you, and my heart was filled with joy.

As @GeauxHomeLittleD said, we are interdependent.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Supportive foreigner's opinion about the current state of USA - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 02-09-2021, 08:36 PM