Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Scotland] Gaelic-Speaking Only Will Get A House.
(01-06-2021, 07:54 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: This is a hard topic for me because I am in the middle of this and I can see the pros and the cons on both sides...

No problems, I dropped this piece in to see if -what it was originally designed for, would work
or whether Gordi or any fellow Scotsman might see through the veneer of dividing nations.

The reason behind the article I posted is actually two-fold. One is the supposed media-ratings
narrative of the nationalistic politics of Scotland demanding that those south of Hadrian's Wall
shouldn't be able to purchased property in Scotland.

That same narrative could be stretched to frowning at migrants coming ashore in England being
transported into Scotland to save political face in Westminster -London. But that's a guess.

I believe the actual complaint from Ms Forbes is to do with land-banking. In many areas of the
North-East England and Scotland, large estates created by the town Councils are uninhabited
due to those same Council groups having to accept a certain law put in many years ago.

Council estates in the UK are traditionally homes for low-paid families known as the true working
class. Often, these families couldn't afford to get on the housing market and so took to paying
rent to these governing bodies and any repairs and upgrades are performed by the Councils.

The 'Right-To-Buy' law allowed families to purchase the Council-owned property and for a discount
too. This was seen as a 'step-up'... a way to set struggling families on a better foothold with the
possible option of selling their property to upgrade to a larger home in a possibly better neighbourhood.

However, what was discovered in many cases is that whole streets were bought-out by those who
wished to deposit part of their wealth in property and had no intention of living in the houses.
So the Council funds the building of the estates for benevolent reasons and people -usually from
outside of the UK, buy the residents who need the money and the area remains barren of poor families
who need a place to live.

So... Ms Forbes may not actually be talking about those who speak with an English accent, but someone
who has never visited the British Isles and wishes to keep their monies out of the banks.
tinywondering

But the MSM aren't going to say that because many of the London-based Journalists own property
around the south for the same reasons.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Scotland] Gaelic-Speaking Only Will Get A House. - by BIAD - 01-06-2021, 08:25 PM