Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lock downs cause Covid increases
(01-01-2021, 02:39 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: ... And simply loves them some mask shaming. 

Speaking of Mask Nazis...

I went to a fairly local Big Box store on New Year's Ever to pick up some odds and ends. There was a Yankee couple - at least I presume they were Yankees, as their accent was New York - just ahead of me in the checkout line. When the cashier started ringing their stuff up, the female suddenly said "I'll be back in a second" and took off back into the store. It took another minute and a half or two minutes to ring up the rest of their stuff.

12 minutes later, the lady was not yet back, and the line was lengthening out into the aisles.

The guy with her said "I'd pay for what we have here, but she took my wallet with her". I thought to myself "she has your wallet? Does she keep your balls in her purse next to it to make sure you don't escape her grasp?" but said nothing out loud. You'd have been proud of me - I kept my yap shut.

3 minutes later, the cashier had had enough of watching the line grow, and was about to void everything, when just then the lady came back with whatever it was she went in search of. I can only imagine that she did what came next in an effort to cover her faux pas. She looked at maskless little old me and said "some people have no respect for others, and just refuse to wear their masks, and put us all at risk".

I thought that was a bit much, or at least a bit more than my usual good nature was willing to endure, and took in a breath to reply. The cashier, who was a gal who used to work for me, must have known what was coming, as she grinned and then did a facepalm...

So I said "ma'am, I am exempted from your silly assed masks by an Executive Order, a copy of which I have in my pocket if you'd like to read it and waste even more of our holiday time... but then again, it wouldn't have been an issue for you at all if you had done your goddamned shopping BEFORE getting in the checkout line like normal folk do..."

Bitch looked like I'd slapped her. I thought she might be about to swallow her tongue or something. I heard a couple of snickers, none of which came from the offending Yankee. As they walked out, one person clapped. I don't know who. I didn't look to see. I don't know if they were clapping for her trying to give me hell over my masklessness, or me for tightening her ass up, or because she was finally leaving, or something else, and I don't care why they clapped.

I'm glad I didn't run into them in the parking lot. That might have gotten ugly.

Notice to Yankees, Marxists, and Mask Nazis: Keep your shit at home. We ain't gonna put up with it around here. You may get away with that bullshit in Northern Virginia, but hillbillies will bury you in unmarked graves if you fuck with us too hard. Better for you if you just stay home and fix your own state - we are in no mood for your bullshit out here in the boonies. If you do come, you're welcome to visit, but leave that bullshit back at home. We'll all get along fine if you do.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Lock downs cause Covid increases - by beez - 12-31-2020, 05:49 AM
RE: Lock downs cause Covid increases - by Ninurta - 12-31-2020, 09:51 AM
RE: Lock downs cause Covid increases - by BIAD - 12-31-2020, 11:22 AM
RE: Lock downs cause Covid increases - by ABNARTY - 01-01-2021, 02:39 AM
RE: Lock downs cause Covid increases - by Ninurta - 01-02-2021, 03:27 AM
RE: Lock downs cause Covid increases - by BIAD - 01-01-2021, 06:38 PM