Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some will not forget
(11-19-2020, 10:20 AM)Wallfire Wrote: I seem to remember that the khmer rouge call on all teachers and intellectuals to come forward and become part of the family, that the khmer rouge wants everyone to work together to build a greater country.
Those that did were killed. Perhaps history should be remembered.

This. This right here. I'm old enough, been around enough, and read enough to know to never trust a Leftist when they want to be "friends". Their newfound "friends" have a disturbing habit of disappearing.

In addition to the Khmer Rouge Purge, there were purges in the Soviet Union, Nicaragua, Cuba, I believe China, and many other places after the takeovers. In Rhodesia, they took the farms but left most of the farmers alive to suffer the consequences of watching their life's work fall into disuse and disrepair. Oh, they purged enough of them to let the rest know they meant business, but the majority they left alive to suffer a long drawn out death of the soul.

Then Mugabe wrecked their economy to make things even "better", adding the insult of runaway inflation to the injury of starvation because the farms were no longer working farms. 

I have a "Zimbabwe" 50 cent piece from Rhodesia just after Mugabe and the Marxists took over. It was one of the first minted by their new government, in 1980. Face value is 50 Zimbabwean cents, but the monetary value of it fell to 1/ 50 BILLIONTH of the face value. The metal in it was worth FAR more than the purchasing value of it. That's how bad the inflation got there. I keep it to remind me to NEVER trust the flowery promises of a Marxist.

Nossir, I've got no urge to merge with folks who only want to watch me die.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Some will not forget - by 727Sky - 11-19-2020, 12:23 AM
RE: Some will not forget - by Ninurta - 11-19-2020, 12:44 AM
RE: Some will not forget - by Minstrel - 11-19-2020, 09:17 AM
RE: Some will not forget - by Wallfire - 11-19-2020, 10:20 AM
RE: Some will not forget - by Ninurta - 11-19-2020, 06:28 PM
RE: Some will not forget - by BIAD - 11-19-2020, 11:17 AM
RE: Some will not forget - by F2d5thCav - 11-19-2020, 02:56 PM
RE: Some will not forget - by BIAD - 11-19-2020, 04:02 PM
RE: Some will not forget - by PLOTUS - 11-19-2020, 08:41 PM
RE: Some will not forget - by Ninurta - 11-20-2020, 01:21 AM