Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Is The Internet Doing To Boomers’ Brains?
Hmmmmm...interesting, high levels of pushback here. My Grandkids spend a ton of time on the internet but none of them are engaging MSM at all. Their interests seem to be more game and friendship centered.

I came to the conclusion that they don't care because they don't fear losing anything.

You can't sway the opinion of someone who doesn't care.

The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference.

The kids of today are different from us, almost like a new species. They are different from us in ways that we were not different from our parents or them from theirs.

They seem to operate in a completely different paradigm than we do and I'm not entirely sure that the things we value and care for aren't so far from their focus and value system that in the final analysis, historians wont wonder about the anachronistic nature of the struggles that are going on today.

My main concern comes from our dystopian views and how they are manifesting themselves into an apocalyptic reality.
When we seek confirmation bias on the internet, it's quite easy to find. Most of us spend less time with others and more time alone, this alone makes our brains work differently. Add the internet and you have quite a potent brew.
I'm quite aware of the fact that my lack of real life interpersonal contact I received from being in a 3D world colored my thoughts and experiences making me a different person.
People you meet on the internet will say and profess things that they wouldn't in real life.
Emboldened to a degree that often feels harmful. I think the article was merely trying to articulate that, but it appears to have brought out some real pavlovian responses here. Oh well, as the orange one says, "it is what it is". It is, right?
internet Agent Provocateur

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Is The Internet Doing To Boomers’ Brains? - by Wallfire - 10-31-2020, 08:42 AM
RE: What Is The Internet Doing To Boomers’ Brains? - by Wallfire - 10-31-2020, 09:18 AM
RE: What Is The Internet Doing To Boomers’ Brains? - by Wallfire - 10-31-2020, 11:23 AM
RE: What Is The Internet Doing To Boomers’ Brains? - by Antisthenes - 10-31-2020, 09:51 PM