Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[France] The Riviera Knife Attack.
(10-29-2020, 07:32 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 03:53 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: So... the populations have become agitated. Destabilized. Some might even say fearful. Now what? When does the other shoe drop? When does the wonderful and peaceful solution to all the problems appear. Why all this preparation? 

IDK727Sky

Reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mons...%20series.

I know my view is not welcome on the internet anymore. The internet has become a bastion for hate, and a safe place for those that think alike to preen each other. 

Your view is always welcome at RN3 - SOMEONE has to keep us honest!

Presenting a varying opinion, I'm no stranger to Islam, so it cannot be fairly said that I am falling "victim to fear of something that they have never seen, or experienced, outside of an article or a video". I WAS a Muslim for a number of years, and then after becoming an "apostate", wound up marrying a Muslim (whom I have since thoroughly ruined, but I assure you that her ruination was not intentional - it just happened).

In my opinion, based upon experience as a Muslim, Islam either has to make great strides to enter the civilized world and become tolerant of others, or utterly perish from the face of the Earth. While individual Muslims can be great friends on an interpersonal level, Islam itself is not and can never be our "friend" as written and promoted in the Islamic world. Islam has no desire to coexist peacefully. The entire thrust of the complete socio-economic-religious-legal system that we know of as "Islam" is to "conquer the earth for Allah, and not stop until the entire world is for Allah". That has been the objective since the days that Mohammed conquered Mecca, and started campaigning against the Banu Qurayza - expanding the scope of his war from there. It's why Islamic Law allows proselytization INTO Islam, but has the death penalty for the reverse situation.

You cannot win against a people who want nothing other than to destroy you and your entire way of life to please their god. It then devolves into an "us or them" situation, literally. Unless and until Islam enters the civilized world and learns to get along, that is the way it is, and will remain.

"Us" or "Them".

I don't care if they want to discuss religion and theology with me, I don't care if they want to trash my deities (mine are entirely capable of defending themselves, and don't need my scrawny human ass to run around and lop off the heads of folks who trash them - If that were the case, wouldn't that mean I was stronger than my god(s)? I mean, if I had to defend them because they were incapable of defending themselves? Who wants a weak god like that?), but I have to draw a hard line when they want to cut off my head simply for being or thinking differently from them. I expect the same consideration from Islam, and if I don't get it, trouble ensues.

"It's nice to be nice, but this is neither the time nor the place" - J.D. LaRue

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
[France] The Riviera Knife Attack. - by BIAD - 10-29-2020, 10:11 AM
RE: [France] The Riviera Knife Attack. - by BIAD - 10-29-2020, 11:36 AM
RE: [France] The Riviera Knife Attack. - by Wallfire - 10-29-2020, 11:50 AM
RE: [France] The Riviera Knife Attack. - by BIAD - 10-29-2020, 12:03 PM
RE: [France] The Riviera Knife Attack. - by Wallfire - 10-29-2020, 03:37 PM
RE: [France] The Riviera Knife Attack. - by BIAD - 10-29-2020, 05:34 PM
RE: [France] The Riviera Knife Attack. - by Ninurta - 10-29-2020, 08:11 PM
RE: [France] The Riviera Knife Attack. - by Wallfire - 10-29-2020, 08:24 PM
RE: [France] The Riviera Knife Attack. - by Wallfire - 10-30-2020, 01:02 PM
RE: [France] The Riviera Knife Attack. - by BIAD - 10-30-2020, 01:07 PM
RE: [France] The Riviera Knife Attack. - by Wallfire - 10-29-2020, 06:10 PM