Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tennessee woman who passed away 6 months ago gets letter saying she is COVID-19 posit
(09-05-2020, 03:53 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: @"gordi"

Not really plausible. She was not in the hospital, she was in hospice at a relative's house. 

Having had several relatives who died in hospice at home or at a relatives home (also at nursing homes) Constable comes and declares them dead, then straight to funeral parlor. No coroner or autopsy involved unless family requests such, so no samples. Whatever condition they had that put them in hospice or natural causes is listed as cause of death.

Sorry GHLD,

I wasn't trying to imply post-mortem tests or autopsy.

She was diagnosed with COPD at some point (presumably prior to Hospice care), so there must surely have been hospital visits and tests done at that time (to confirm COPD)? (My mum was diagnosed with COPD here in the UK)

I'm just speculating that, with COPD being related to breathing difficulties/lung issues, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that, at the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic, the medical directors would have wanted to look at cases involving similar issues/symptoms just prior to the outbreak, to determine whether the virus was present before, and to assist in tracking the outbreak to source.

With that in mind, I think it IS plausible, and indeed possible.

regards,
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tennessee woman who passed away 6 months ago gets letter saying she is COVID-19 posit - by gordi - 09-05-2020, 07:34 PM