Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the difference in death rates from covid 19
(08-07-2020, 05:11 AM)hutch622 Wrote: I was looking through the stats for cv19 and for the life of me i cant work out why the discrepancy in death rates around the world , especially amongst the 5 eyes nations . First up the world average sits at 3.76% which is a vast improvement over earlier day . 
now for 5 eye nations .
Australia = 1.28%
Canada = 7.57%
New Zealand = 1.4%
United Kingdom = 15.04%
United States = 3.27% 
I would have thought our hospital systems to be roughly on par , certainly our medium ages are sort of close going from 38-42 . Life expectancy was between 79 and 83 years old so overall no huge discrepancies . Reporting criteria maybe ? . Scratching my head here a little , any ideas .
Thoughts RN3 .
source for cv
Life expectancy
Medium age

My thoughts about NZ is they shut down not long after they got their first infections.  As you know Hutch Australia did the same then opened up again and look what happened in Vic.    Now we're closing borders over here again.  Was behind convoys of caravans and RV's on the Pacific Highway on my return from Coffs Harbor yesterday on their way north I suspect before the border is closed to unessential travel.  Gotta go to Coffs again today.  Expecting the same only slower because of the rain.

Why am I saying this well I can only think that the hospitals can cope here better at saving lives because of the lower numbers and perhaps the stats reflect how they can manage to treat more people.  As you probably also know, they quarantine hospices here if there is an outbreak to me that leads to a cluster of elderly deaths.  

I'm no expert but went to the Doc yesterday for an unrelated complaint and got the welcoming treatment and placed in a corner away from others in their respective corners of the waiting room which is normally full.  Again, it may be the management and where I am I would imagine that it's worse in Sydney or Melbourne.  No reported cases as far as I know around my district.  I'll be in and out of Coffs real quick this evening.

Kind regards,

Bally:)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the difference in death rates from covid 19 - by Bally002 - 08-07-2020, 05:35 AM