Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ongoing puberty suppression should be an available treatment option for non-binary ad
(08-04-2020, 10:43 AM)Moonmagic Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 07:20 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I'm a Conservative as conservatives were 200 years ago. We don't care who you are, or what we can get from you or make you do. We are content to live our lives, and for you to live yours, as each of us see fit to do.

Forget Conservative, that's just the best type of Mindset period, and exactly how I see the World, just from the other side!

I knew I liked you @"Ninurta" 

minusculebeercheers

It's why I'm an anomaly, a throwback, an anachronism. "Conservative" and "Liberal" are not polar opposites, at least in the Classic sense. "Conservatives" want to keep things as they were, i.e. "Conserve" the status quo. "Liberals", in a classic sense, are all about "liberty", the very root of their label.

Once upon a time, Liberty WAS the status quo, and that is what classic Conservatives AND Classic Liberals want to get back to.

Somewhere along the line, Marxist ideology got injected into the mix, and "Liberal" became synonymous with "anything goes", which it did not originally denote.

The polar opposite of "conservative" is actually "progressive", which nowadays means the same thing as "Marxist". That, in combination with the above thought, is why Liberals have a bad name among Conservatives, and are thought of as the opposition.

It was not always so.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ongoing puberty suppression should be an available treatment option for non-binary ad - by Ninurta - 08-04-2020, 12:39 PM