Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Three Officers Dead, at Least 7 Injured in Baton Rouge
@"Mystic Wanderer" , this is the cop I was telling you about that was killed along with his fellow officers, that had just posted to Facebook about how he felt.

Such a shame that his posting became a tragic reality.

[Image: 91799554f52244da98d7e91b4630fa78.png]

Quote:BATON ROUGE, La. –  Just days before he was shot and killed Sunday morning, a Baton Rouge police officer posted an emotional Facebook message saying he was "physically and emotionally" tired and expressing how difficult it was to be both a police officer and a black man, a friend said Sunday.

"I swear to God I love this city but I wonder if this city loves me," Montrell Jackson wrote.

He said while in uniform he gets nasty looks and out of uniform some consider him a threat.

"I've experienced so much in my short life and these last 3 days have tested me to the core," the posting read.

The message was posted July 8, just three days after a black man was shot and killed by police in Baton Rouge.

Source

He also said, "These are trying times. Please don't let hate infect your heart"

Wish some of the young black folks would take heed his words.
Only time will tell.

This cop that was killed reminds us of this black fellow that we see out here on the road, usually run into him about 2 or 3 times a year, and he has this deep bellowing laughter that is extremely infectious, you cannot help but laugh too.
Always in a good mood, a joy to be around.

After reading about this officer in various articles, he sounds very much like our friend, with the same friendly happy personality.
Such a sad tragedy, that should have never happened.

And yes, he will be leaving behind a 4 month old baby.

I just hope killing cops will not be common place.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends, as well as the other slain officer's families.

-----

ETA: The cops/security is what saves us vendors from chaos at these events caused by punks.
So yes, we support LEO 100%

#BlueLivesMatter

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Messages In This Thread
RE: Three Officers Dead, at Least 7 Injured in Baton Rouge - by senona - 07-19-2016, 02:33 AM