Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
a possible increase of 30% for your electric bill
(07-04-2020, 10:40 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I grew up frequently ignoring electricity, 'cause it wasn't there to notice. They can do this price hike if they like, but it won't affect me other than letting the internet go because - no electricity to run it. I know how to stay cool, I know how to get light, and I don't need electricity for either of those.

The down side for them is no longer being able to track me, because - no internet, no juice, no nothing. They might THINK they could track my phone, but if there's no juice to charge it, there's no reason to take it with me to be tracked. They'd have to get their asses out in the heat to find out where I was and what I'm up to. A very unpleasant prospect for them, but I can hide if they can stand to seek.

Now the State is screwing with my pension again, so no money to pay their highway robbery electric rates anyhow.

Seriously, folks - screw with my juice. See how that goes for you - I already know it'll go fine for me. Been there, done that, checked it off and got the t-shirt. Yeah, I know how to get heat in the winter without it, too, there ain't no lessons y'all think you can teach me in the matter that are going to take.

Go ahead, ya bastards. Cut off my money, cut off my electricity, keep thinking you'll bring me to my knees. It ain't gonna happen. All you'll do is lose track of me - I'll be doing fine, and still doing as I please, unsupervised. That can get very bad for YOU, not so much for ME.

Come at me, bro.

I have been preparing for what is coming for a long time. I am not saying it is going to be easy, but I will survive. I will have a phone because my job gave us a pay increase to cover that. In cases of emergencies, I will likely be able to get my gas from the county.

I have lived for months without electricity, it really is not as big of a deal as most people think it is. I have a Mennonite neighbor. They work with and during natural light. Up with the sun and to bed when the sun goes down. As far as heating, that may be a big problem in very cold areas. Air conditioning is nice but rarely is it deadly to go without it. In fact, most folk will be surprised at how quickly they can acclimate to life without a/c.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: a possible increase of 30% for your electric bill - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 10-18-2022, 09:07 PM