Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
To All Fellow Canucks - Happy Canada Day !!
(07-02-2020, 10:47 AM)Sol Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 03:07 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Not a Canuck, but that does not prevent me from wishing all of my Canuckistani friends a Happy Canada Day!

Thank you!

Signed; a Canuckistan friend!

minusculebeercheers

You're welcome! 

The closest I ever came to actually getting into Canada was once when I was on the run, and tried to catch a ferry across Lake Erie into Canada to escape - but they caught me before I could get on the boat. Life has it's little setbacks... I did live for several years on the south side of Erie, in Cleveland or thereabouts... does that count for anything? Can I be an honorary Canadian? I worked for a Canadian company in a third-party nation once ("Triton Mining" or "Trident Mining" - it was 40 years ago at Bonanza in Nicaragua, and I can't recall the name exactly) - maybe that would help?

ETA: When I'm doing genealogy, I often run across pension applications of ancestors that state "I can't recall precisely..." on this or that specific thing... and NOW I understand!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: To All Fellow Canucks - Happy Canada Day !! - by Ninurta - 07-02-2020, 11:02 AM