Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The difference between a book and a statue
(06-23-2020, 09:51 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 09:15 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: I definitely see the United States as traitors to the Crown .....and if they ever want it back....come and get it?.To the Victor always goes the spoils. So aside from verbiage and semantics, the Confederacy lost. Had they won, I suspect you wouldn't see any statues of Lincoln or Grant. To a greater degree though, I understand why blacks who pay taxes in the United States and are citizens, may not want to subsidize those statues as they do represent some pretty horrible history for them.

Point out which of those statues was erected with US government funds (i.e "subsidized" by the taxpayers), and I'll lead the charge to have it un-erected.

I have to wonder if a private citizen erected (no pun intended) a 15 foot stone phallus in a public Park with private funds, just how long it would be there before it was torn down. I choose to be empathetic to Black Americans and realize the only way these silly things are going away is to take matters into their own hands. It seems once destroyed, unlikely they'll be reinstated to their former position. Pragmatics and deep seeded frustration seems to be in play?

Messages In This Thread
RE: The difference between a book and a statue - by Antisthenes - 06-23-2020, 08:37 PM
RE: The difference between a book and a statue - by Wallfire - 06-23-2020, 10:25 AM