Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Maybe I have had it "COVID" after all
One of the Australia guys I play golf with (Bob) got sick in October 2019 as did I. I waited (it is a guy thing) until I had a little over 103 F temperature and was having problems feeling like I was getting any oxygen to my blood. Since I play golf everyday it was noticeable that my strength was waning .

I went to the hospital and after several test they thought I had pneumonia and treated me with a couple of big I.V.s one of which was Vitamin C which I had requested. I spent 5 days in and out of the hospital getting and I.V. everyday and was OK and back playing golf within the week (I may be old but most people think I am in my late 50s or early 60s as I do not have a beer gut and do exercise, "golf" almost everyday ). I just figured since I am in my 70s that I was unlucky to catch the bug but lucky I recovered as fast as I did.. Now two months later Bob and I both had a relapse. Bob was in Australia when he got sick the second time. After many test they said he had COVID-19 !! He was treated and released after two miserable weeks in the hospital. He returned in country in December before the international flights were shut down.

During my relapse I did the I.V. thing as before (same doctor and hospital) however since I had not waited very long my recovery was much quicker as far as feeling well, so again I was back playing golf within 7 days. Here they were not keyed on to COVID-19 back in October as they were still allowing 1000s of international arrivals from all over the world but especially from CHINA.

I just finished 18 holes of golf at my local course and on number 18 Bob who had just arrived informed me he was back from Australia since December and filled me in on what his doctors had said. I would have never have thought I had COVID-19 but we both had the same symptoms and with the information Bob's Australian doctors provided it just may be I am a COVID survivor ?

Someone will be wondering what type of antibiotic was in the I.V.s ? I do not know other than it was some good stuff !

Bob was wearing a mask and doing social distancing today as he said since we have had one or two strains of COVID, there was still a chance we could get it all over again as the virus has mutated.. YUK !

Just a story, so believe it or not, but I found the whole thing rather interesting.

Messages In This Thread
Maybe I have had it "COVID" after all - by 727Sky - 05-18-2020, 08:45 AM
RE: Maybe I have had it "COVID" after all - by Wallfire - 05-18-2020, 09:32 AM