Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Great news and a quick cure for COVID-19..no joke
(03-20-2020, 06:18 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 01:46 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I believe that chloroquine is a form of or related to quinine. 

Hence, I drink gin and tonic, the original preventative medicine!
tinybiggrin

Now that's the best advice I've heard all day!

Quinine being the active ingredient of tonic water that gives it it's bitterness, it seems a very practical solution. When used for treatment of malaria, the wholesale price in the developing world is about US$1.70 to $3.40 per course of treatment. In the United States a course of treatment is more than $200 - underscoring what I said above about the price of drugs in America. 

However, it IS used to treat malaria that is resistant to chloroquine, and so must have some value in treating other things that chloroquine is useful for, like the COVID-19, eh?

I myself have been experimenting with other treatments because I can't find a Chincona tree anywhere around here to strip the bark from so I can boil up some quinine. Instead, since the CDC is recommending at least a 60% alcohol content for hand sanitizer, I'm experimenting with 151 proof rum as an emergency entrail sanitizer, since that has an alcohol content of 75.5%, and using it to sterilize my insides. I figure that the virus ain't really dangerous until it gets to my insides, so having a fair amount of alcohol coursing through my veins should counteract it

As an adjunct to the rum, I'm using Tapatio Mexican hot sauce to replace the tonic water, since I can't find a chincona tree.

It's working so far - I've not caught the covid!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Great news and a quick cure for COVID-19..no joke - by Ninurta - 03-20-2020, 10:03 PM
RE: Great news and a quick cure for COVID-19..no joke - by Wallfire - 03-21-2020, 11:04 AM
RE: Great news and a quick cure for COVID-19..no joke - by Wallfire - 03-22-2020, 11:28 AM
RE: Great news and a quick cure for COVID-19..no joke - by Wallfire - 03-22-2020, 04:10 PM
RE: Great news and a quick cure for COVID-19..no joke - by Wallfire - 03-22-2020, 07:54 PM