Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Big G's Been Out In The Woods AGAIN...
HaHaHa!

Uhm... 'twas definitely me.
Those thickets get a bit too "jaggy" for wandering around in the Kilt ya know!

No sign of any (other) Bigfoot or Crypto-creatures unfortunately.
Although I have seen Squirrels in the trees, a Robin (everywhere!), a pair of Buzzards overhead and we heard at least two Woodpeckers "drilling" the other day - it was like they were trying to out-do one another.
There's lots of deer-sign as well, but I think they only visit the area at night.

There are still loads and loads of woodlands in Scotland, but they mostly seem to be of the massive commercial (non-native conifer) variety for timber production, rather than the small-scale native and "traditional" craft oriented ones.

There are indeed wands made of Hazel! But I don't tend to wave my wand about in the woods anymore since the "incident"... tinysurprised

Oh, we did find a natural spring in the woods. Fresh water bubbling up out of the ground... very clear looking!
And strangely... although the weather has been HORRENDOUS up here for many weeks now... I have been incredibly lucky with the weather on coppicing days????
On one occasion, I left my house in the middle of a snow blizzard and by the time I'd driven the 10 or so miles to the Hazel woods - there were clear blue skies and SUNSHINE????
I've had to take my jacket off every day that I've been volunteering there! It's quite weird now that I think about it! because the rest of the time it has been feckin COLD with snow/hail/rain/sleet/high winds etc

The weather makers must approve of our work??? ROFL

Cheers guys!
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]

Messages In This Thread
Big G's Been Out In The Woods AGAIN... - by gordi - 02-29-2020, 10:15 AM
RE: Big G's Been Out In The Woods AGAIN... - by Wallfire - 02-29-2020, 11:56 AM
RE: Big G's Been Out In The Woods AGAIN... - by gordi - 03-02-2020, 11:22 AM