Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scientists just found more evidence that Planet 9 exists
I just looked this up and spent a little time digging, since these do interest me a lot for timing and past/deep historic events. Somewhere out there IS a little rock that has caused problems before, IMO, and will cause them again. Likely, it will appear on an orbit similar to Nine and Sedna, showing such a long transit period that we didn't even know it existed.

It just doesn't appear to be this one......

Quote:Planet Nine likely has an elliptical orbit, coming within 200 to 300 astronomical units (AU) of the sun at its closest approach and getting as far away as 600 to 1,200 AU, Brown said. (One AU is the distance from Earth to the sun — about 93 million miles, or 150 million kilometers).

Neptune orbits about 30 AU from the sun, and Pluto never gets farther than 49 AU from our star. So Planet Nine, if it exists, is very distant indeed — but not distant enough, Brown said, to stir up any of the trillions of comets in the Oort Cloud, which begins perhaps 5,000 AU from the sun.

Source

Ouch... So we're 3,800 AU or distances from Earth to the Sun away from where this would actually interact with the Oort cloud debris or knock any of it inward and toward the inner planets? I hate it when physics interferes with a good story or conspiracy..but?

Well, we have 3 areas of threat for things bumping into each other out there like pool balls. The inner Asteroid Belt (our main issue), the Kuiper Belt, which we already have 2 planets (and their moons) running in and out of on a regular basis now and the far more distant and more troublesome Oort cloud. To see how it lays out and why I am concerned on some but not others? Here is how it looks...

Kuiper Belt:

[Image: kuiperbelt.jpg]

The Kuiper Belt/Oort Cloud

[Image: kuiper_oort_en.jpg]

Inner Asteroid Belt and Obstacles

[Image: AT_7e_Figure_14_01a.jpg]

Most of what we get is Apollo class asteroids and other debris out of the belt seen in the image directly above. Most of it, anyway ..... The thing that bothers me is simply this. People, even experts it seems, think of space in 2 dimensions.

Galactic Plane

[Image: galeq.PNG]

The problem is.....the largest threats (and most damaging impact in Earth's history) did not come from objects travelling "on-plane" but from directly BELOW us, in terms of 3-D thinking and in relation to our sense of up and down. Sedna and Nine are interesting ...but they aren't in any position to throw things UP at us, from below our South Pole. In fact, anything Sedna or Nine threw would have to pass through the complicated gravity fields of the inner planets/moons and that asteroid belt I noted above. All of that would be an obstacle course for an inbound object....unless......it came from a different direction.

The Chicxulub Crater (Also known as the Yucatan Crater) is the one that killed the dinosaurs.It was believed to have been made by an impact of something roughly 6 miles or so in diameter. As we know, they suspect that 6 mile wide rock killed off the dominant species across the planet, as well as most lower forms of life at or around the same time.

The crater in Antarctica came from a rock up to THIRTY MILES wide, and produced a subsurface crater/ridge some 300 MILES across.

[Image: 060601_crater_radar_02.jpg]

Quote:An apparent crater as big as Ohio has been found in Antarctica. Scientists think it was carved by a space rock that caused the greatest mass extinction on Earth, 250 million years ago.

The crater, buried beneath a half-mile of ice and discovered by some serious airborne and satellite sleuthing, is more than twice as big as the one involved in the demise of the dinosaurs.

You know the largest problem? Given the state of Earth based observation and sky/space tracking of Near Earth Objects? I don't think they'd even see another one coming until it was far far past time to actually react, and simply prepare to take the hit with all it brought. ....among other things.... Sea levels would rise something like 200+ feet in a matter of the time it took for a flash melt and equalibrium to be restored for water levels in the South Pole region vs. the rest of the world.

So, while looking outward? Never forget space is a 3-Dimensional place, and while most of our headaches come on plane to our orbital track (or so the media and stories give the impression)....The largest known impact point on Earth came from a totally unexpected direction, and not only wiped out life on land but killed most of what lived in the oceans at the time as well.

Nice, happy thoughts on a Saturday....eh?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scientists just found more evidence that Planet 9 exists - by Wrabbit2000 - 05-20-2016, 08:20 AM