Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Massive Flooding In The US Leaves Many Dead.
(06-27-2016, 05:12 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Well, you see, down here in the South it is considered impolite not to "friend" your family members.  So, since Ninurta adopted me as his "young'un" way back when we were on HH, I figured I better add him to my family list.
I just hope he doesn't expect me to come visit during family reunions or holidays; I don't take too kindly to big spiders.  tinywhat
Now, I can handle the little ones, but those big ones would have me turning into my ninja warrior alter ego and I might hurt myself! 

[Image: giphy.gif]

@"Ninurta"
Please forgive me, Daddy, but we'll just have to visit here on the inter-web...  this one doesn't have spiders crawling on it, as least, not the live ones.

Glad to hear you and Step-Mommy are okay.   tinybiggrin

S'ok - the family reunion was last weekend, just 30 miles down the road, and I missed it, too. BTW - that "Ninja warrior" thing? You inherited that from me...

The hate for spiders - that's hard to tell... I don't much like 'em, but I'm not alone in that.

Funny story:

Last Halloween, at work, they decorated the place up with Halloween-ish themes. Some of the decorations were realistic looking plastic spiders about 2" across (that's "about 2.54 cm across" for the metrically inclined). So I adopted one of the l'il bastards to decorate my desk with, and when Halloween was over, I brought it home for safekeeping. Ya just never know who's gonna tray and snatch yer spider!

So anyhow, when I got home with Wilmer (yes, I named it), I spotted a little bitty nail in the wall over the head of the bed where apparently a picture used to hang, and so I hung Wilmer on it with a paperclip strategically placed under his body so you couldn't see it, and walked out, thinking no more about it. Now, Grace had been in the kitchen cooking at the time, and didn't know Wilmer had a new home... and I forgot to mention it. Some times, I just assume way too much...

... a bit later was one of the few times I've ever heard Grace actually shriek.

That's saying something for a woman who charged out of the house cussing at a SWAT team that had their guns drawn down on me, yelling like a mad woman 'cause she thought they might shoot me! Spiders, well, they're another matter. She might let them eat me!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Massive Flooding In The US Leaves Many Dead. - by Ninurta - 06-28-2016, 02:26 AM