Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Results of the UK's European Members Election 2019.
(06-03-2019, 06:30 AM)Ninurta Wrote: ...Please educate me on what the EU is and/or does, so that I can get a firmer grasp on this situation...

Forgive me for jumping in front of Gordi's reply.

In my opinion, the European Union is the United States of America during the early 1900's.

The acquirement of States is reasonably complete and now the solidification of power is the important factor.
Decisions -such as the US's commitment to Prohibition, are being made on behalf of the EU's 'citizens' in Brussels
without seeking permission from those the decrees will effect. Granted, in some areas, those effects will have
ramifications globally, but this is how you assert oneself on the world's stage as an equal power.

The problem with the EU is it's taking the sovereignty of countries and constructing its own dominion without
asking those individual countries at ground level. Trade deals and standards of business is one thing, but diluting
cultures, favouring laws to suit an agenda and wielding the power to punish individual countries[states] should -in
my opinion, belong to those countries.

There's quite a distance between demanding straight cucumbers and the length of candle wicks, to telling people
what they can and can't view on the internet. It's electronic book-burning and we've seen that before.

INMHO
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Results of the UK's European Members Election 2019. - by BIAD - 06-03-2019, 09:42 AM