Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Case Of The Ageist Aliens.
I found some extra info on line ( hope you dont mind BIAD)

Quote:Aftermath

According to Burtoo, he then settled down to continue what he had ventured out to the canal bank for – to fish. Around 10 am, two mounted MoD policemen approached him to make small talk. That was until he mentioned the strange lights and glowing craft, to which one of them replied, “Yes. I suspect you did see that UFO. I expect they were checking on our military installations!”
With that, they would go on their way, and by shortly after noon, Burtoo was at home telling his wife of the evening’s events, before retiring for an afternoon nap.
By October of 1983 however, he would find himself desperate for more information about what he might have seen during the early hours of that August morning. So much so, that he would make contact with the local newspaper, the “Aldershot News” in search of any other witnesses. From this, the paper ran a story, which in turn found its way to the Surrey Investigation Group of Aerial Phenomena.
By November 1983, the case would fall in the “in-tray” of Timothy Good. Good would speak to Burtoo at length about the incident, and although he found it frustrating that the ex-military veteran had not thought to ask any questions at all of his “hosts”, he would state in his book, Above Top Secret that undoubtedly believed” the claims Burtoo made.
Incidentally, aside from his age, Burtoo believed his chronic bronchial problems contributed to his release. Had he had a lucky escape? Or might he have missed out on a journey of a lifetime? Regardless, his health continued to fail over the following years, until his death at eight years of age on 31st August 1986.
source
Just a few questions I have. First, at the time this happened it  was in the middle of the "troubles" so the IRA were a big danger. No MP went on patrol on there own,most used dogs, all were well armed and as far as I know the MOD and MP did not use horse mounted patrols. MPs are not known to be "friendly" at that time. Also all army patrols could go ant where they deemed fit.
This story just does not sit well with the times.

Messages In This Thread
The Case Of The Ageist Aliens. - by BIAD - 05-20-2019, 04:10 PM
RE: The Case Of The Ageist Aliens. - by guohua - 05-20-2019, 05:03 PM
RE: The Case Of The Ageist Aliens. - by BIAD - 05-20-2019, 05:32 PM
RE: The Case Of The Ageist Aliens. - by Wallfire - 05-21-2019, 09:12 AM
RE: The Case Of The Ageist Aliens. - by BIAD - 05-21-2019, 10:31 AM
RE: The Case Of The Ageist Aliens. - by Wallfire - 05-21-2019, 12:41 PM
RE: The Case Of The Ageist Aliens. - by guohua - 05-21-2019, 06:29 PM
RE: The Case Of The Ageist Aliens. - by Wallfire - 05-21-2019, 12:58 PM
RE: The Case Of The Ageist Aliens. - by BIAD - 05-21-2019, 01:27 PM