Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do not come to Thailand during Songkhran...unless..
45 years ago many many girls looked like a wet tee shirt contest without a bra for all of Songkran … Now... they get arrested or fined... Even the Lady Boys with silicone enhancements get fined for showing a plastic boob. I do not know if it is because of the Muslim influence or TPTB want to take the country to a place that never existed except in their minds.. People were freer way back when and certainly had a good time even though they were poor as dirt in many cases..

Talked to a friend who is a Thai national yesterday. He is well placed in the hierarchy of the country.. I know him because we play golf sometimes at one of the courses he owns. He told me the economy presently sucks even though the official claim is it is all good.. 

The immigration procedures have changed and many Brits can not afford to live here anymore as they want people to place 800,000 or 400,000 in a Thai Bank (depends on marriage status... a friend and his American wife would have to place 1.6 million Baht in a bank so after 15 years they are reluctantly going back to America)...either that or transfer 65,000 a month to a Thai bank every month.. My understanding is If a Brit lives out of country and is retired there is no cost of living increase from their version of Social Security... Plus they do not usually retire with big bucks if they were blue collar workers. 

The government seems to want Chinese and Indian tourist even thought they are known for being major cheap Charlies as they usually only come on package tours.. Which is great for the big boys with hotels and other big assets but the little businesses never see any dollars from them.

Just had an Australian guy married to a Thai (for 12 years) who just packed it in and is going back home to Australia... With the cost of electricity and anything power related in Australia I feel sorry for him and he is not poor.

Myself all is good and I would Dred the day if we had to move someplace else as everything is very comfortable for us....but... we are flexible and could basically live just about anyplace.. My first priority is not feeling like I am getting ripped off which unfortunately many places leave a very bad taste of being ripped off at every turn in my mouth..

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do not come to Thailand during Songkhran...unless.. - by 727Sky - 04-24-2019, 06:39 AM
RE: Do not come to Thailand during Songkhran...unless.. - by Wallfire - 04-24-2019, 07:45 AM