Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sri Lanka's Explosions: Hotels & Christian Churches.
@"Wallfire" is right, they do know about these attacks in advance, as the article below shows you.

Quote:Harin Fernando, the Sri Lanka’s Minister of Telecommunications, Foreign Employment & Sports has published in a tweet today the image of an internal memo and report by the intelligence police warning of an imminent terror attack by an organisation called National Thawheed Jamath. (see tweet below)

“Some intelligence officers were aware of this incidence. Therefore there was a delay in action. What my father heard was also from an intelligence officer. Serious action need to be taken as to why this warning was ignored. I was in Badulla last night,” Minister Harin Fernando tweeted.

The letter signed by the Sri Lanka’s Deputy Inspector General of Police and dated on April 11 was addressed to a number of key officials in the security services including the Directors of the Ministerial Security Division (MSD), Former Presidents’ Security Division and the Ambassadors Security Division, reported DailyMirror.Lk.

The letter titled “Information of an alleged plan attack” said the state intelligence services had received information from a foreign intelligence service to the effect that Mohammed Zahran, the leader of National Thowheed Jamath was about to launch a suicide bomb attack in Sri Lanka targeting famous catholic churches and the Indian High Commission.
In the letter, the Deputy Inspector General requested the concerned authorities to pay attention to the information and to beef up the security provided to VIP personnel and to the locations.

Quote:Some intelligence officers were aware of this incidence. Therefore there was a delay in action. What my father heard was also from an intelligence officer. Serious action need to be taken as to why this warning was ignored. I was in Badulla last night pic.twitter.com/ssJyItJF1x
— Harin Fernando (@fernandoharin) April 21, 2019

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sri Lanka's Explosions: Hotels & Christian Churches. - by Mystic Wanderer - 04-22-2019, 02:14 PM