Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethiopian Airlines crash en route to Kenya
(03-17-2019, 04:29 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 04:13 PM)727Sky Wrote: The MCAS system takes data from the angle of attack indicator plus the computed air data.. I will automatically trim the nose down just about 2 degrees. But if the data remains the same it will trim nose down again pause and trim again and again etc. If the pilots are knowledgeable about what is going on instead of fighting the trim system all they have to do is turn the electric trim off.. There are two toggle switches on the back of center throttle pedestal that turn the electric trim off.. That stops a runaway trim situation.. You then pull the handles out of the trim wheel and trim manually. 

I am going to say this and it will sound horrible but I really do feel that if I had been in command of either of those two flights there would not have been a crash if the information I have is correct.. No ego promise.. 

I was always serious about knowing the aircraft and emergency procedures whether written or not.. and was always spring loaded to fly the aircraft when the automation started doing something it was not supposed to do which was usually due to FMS programing error or a system that goes fubar..

So taking in all possible variables -no matter how rationally ludicrous, what in your professional opinion as a veteran pilot,
could or did cause this crash?
minusculethumbsup
Automation and screwed up soft ware (plus pilots not flying the aircraft) was the cause IMO but. There are switches that kill the automation......from our limited information 'they' the pilots chose to fight instead of kill the auto trim.. we do not have all the facts as of yet...and we may never have the real facts as CYA will be involved. …. BUT.... that is where the fault lies IMO..

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethiopian Airlines crash en route to Kenya - by Wallfire - 03-14-2019, 06:38 PM
RE: Ethiopian Airlines crash en route to Kenya - by 727Sky - 03-19-2019, 06:53 AM
RE: Ethiopian Airlines crash en route to Kenya - by Wallfire - 04-06-2019, 11:04 AM