Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Jussie Smollett Story Was Staged?
Another example of power?

Quote:Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor.

'Prosecutors have dropped all charges against US actor Jussie Smollett for allegedly staging a racist and homophobic
attack. The Empire star attended a court hearing in Chicago on Tuesday, where a judge sealed the case.

Mr Smollett, 36, pleaded not guilty this month to 16 counts of disorderly conduct for allegedly lying to police.
The city's mayor assailed the prosecutors' decision to drop the charges as a "whitewash of justice".

Mr Smollett told reporters after his court appearance: "I have been truthful and consistent on every single level since day
one. "I would not be my mother's son if I was capable of one drop of what I've been accused of."

What did prosecutors say?
The office of Cook County State's Attorney Kimberly Foxx said in a statement: "After reviewing all of the facts and
circumstances of the case, including Mr Smollett's volunteer service in the community and agreement to forfeit his
bond to the City of Chicago, we believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case."

It remains unclear why prosecutors dropped the charges against Mr Smollett.

Chicago police Supt Eddie Johnson said he was not briefed on the decision to drop the charges.
Though police provide the state's attorney office with evidence, it is ultimately up to prosecutors whether to pursue a case.
Mr Smollett voluntarily agreed to give up his $10,000 (£7,500) bail money, his lawyer said, emphasising there had been
no deal with state prosecutors.

What is the city's reaction?
Supt Johnson said in a news conference on Tuesday that he felt justice had not been served and "the city is still owed an
apology".
"If someone falsely accused me I would never hide behind a brokered deal and secrecy," he told reporters.
"At the end of the day it was Mr Smollett who committed this hoax. Period."

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel accused Mr Smollett of fabricating a hate crime "all in the name of self-promotion", adding
that he took "no sense of ownership of what he's done". The mayor added the case would cast a shadow over genuine hate
crimes as they decide whether to come forward...'
BBC:
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jussie Smollett Story Was Staged? - by Wallfire - 02-17-2019, 03:06 PM
RE: The Jussie Smollett Story Was Staged? - by Wallfire - 02-21-2019, 09:38 PM
RE: The Jussie Smollett Story Was Staged? - by Wallfire - 02-22-2019, 04:38 PM
RE: The Jussie Smollett Story Was Staged? - by Wallfire - 02-25-2019, 04:48 PM
RE: The Jussie Smollett Story Was Staged? - by BIAD - 03-26-2019, 09:50 PM
RE: The Jussie Smollett Story Was Staged? - by Wallfire - 04-05-2019, 02:48 PM