Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SOTU 2019
(02-06-2019, 05:19 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: President Trump gave his State of the Union Address last night.  Here is a rundown of seven memorable highlights.
This report originally came from ABC and then Yahoo picked it up, so expect it to slant Left.

Quote:...

Others were more spontaneous, such as when the largely quiet Democratic female members of Congress -- many of whom dressed in white to send a political message -- took a moment to celebrate their wins in the midterm election.

4. The women of Congress take a stand
[Image: sotu-34-gty-jc-190205_hpMain_16x9_608.jpg]

5. Controversial comments about abortion
"These are living, feeling, beautiful, babies who will never get the chance to share their love and dreams with the world. And then, we had the case of the governor of Virginia where he stated he would execute a baby after birth. To defend the dignity of every person, I am asking Congress to pass legislation to prohibit the late-term abortion of children who can feel pain in the mother's womb."
Trump was referencing embattled Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam's controversial comments about third trimester abortions.
(MORE: Racist photo scandal and Kavanaugh hearing put yearbooks in the spotlight)

Source

Oh lookey! There's Cortez right there in the front of the picture wearing a white robe! All she's missing is the pointed hood!

The white robes were the most memorable to me. The only political statement I took from that is that they were in support of the KKK - I've not seen that many white robes in one place since I stumbled across a Klan march years ago. It was eerie and not just a little bit freaky.

Then there's the current "problem with racism" in Virginia - but entirely among the Democrats, who have so stridently voiced opinions against such in public, but now their private lives are on display, and the story is a little bit different from what they've put out there for public consumption...  I though the open display of so much white in the halls of Congress was just a display of solidarity with the Klan and the upper Democratic leadership in Virginia.

I'm still not convinced otherwise, despite their convenient explanation.

The next non-racist in line for Governor here is a Republican, which has thrown our government in Va into turmoil. What WILL they do if all of their top Democrat icons fall by the racist wayside, and Republicans have to take over? Kinda gives the lie to their bullshit screams of "racist!" to hide the fact they are losing arguments involving logic, doesn't it?

BTW, isn't it ironic that Northam is fighting for his life to go full (political) term?... That was probably crude of me to say, but it's a fact.

Although there are no pictures of me in blackface or Klan robes anywhere, because that's never happened (although I've blacked my face upon occasion to hide in the night, it's not the same as trying to emulate black folks - it was camouflage, pure and simple), I am not available for public office. I don't want the job, wouldn't have the job, and don't care to have my history put on public display for various other reasons not connected with racism (I'm as black as Elizabeth Warren is Indian - I've got the DNA tests to prove it, too! Therefore I can't be racist!).

But God-DAMN! All those women-folk in white robes at the SOTU Address! I didn't even know the Klan had a women's Auxiliary!

ETA: If they think they can dispute that all that white was not reflecting their Klan support, they can fuck off. If THEY get to tell me what MY Confederate flag really means, then I get to tell THEM what THEIR white outfits really mean. The Klan started out as a Democrat organization, (fact check me you bitches at Snopes!) and it apparently still is, despite their lip-service otherwise.

I saw the display, and who was displaying it.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
SOTU 2019 - by Mystic Wanderer - 02-06-2019, 05:19 PM
RE: SOTU 2019 - by Mystic Wanderer - 02-06-2019, 05:38 PM
RE: SOTU 2019 - by BIAD - 02-06-2019, 05:38 PM
RE: SOTU 2019 - by Mystic Wanderer - 02-06-2019, 05:42 PM
RE: SOTU 2019 - by Mystic Wanderer - 02-06-2019, 05:45 PM
RE: SOTU 2019 - by Mystic Wanderer - 02-06-2019, 05:55 PM
RE: SOTU 2019 - by Mystic Wanderer - 02-06-2019, 06:12 PM
RE: SOTU 2019 - by Mystic Wanderer - 02-06-2019, 06:32 PM
RE: SOTU 2019 - by Mystic Wanderer - 02-06-2019, 07:26 PM
RE: SOTU 2019 - by BIAD - 02-06-2019, 08:07 PM
RE: SOTU 2019 - by Ninurta - 02-08-2019, 07:29 AM