Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Saudi Woman Held at Bangkok Airport
WHAT??!!  tinywhat The Religion of Peace wants to Kill Another Liberal Minded Female????  tinyok I Believe it!

Quote:Qunun said in a video posted to YouTube that she’d fled her family in Kuwait and had denounced her religion. She said she had acquired all the necessary documents to enter Thailand but Saudi officials from the embassy had confiscated everything.

“All of this is a plot by the Saudi Embassy to keep me detained here and to return to Kuwait,” she said.
Qunun told Human Rights Watch she fled to escape physical abuse from male relatives.
She said she’d previously been beaten, threatened with death, and was once forced to stay in her room for six months for cutting her hair.

“I’m sure 100% they will kill me as soon as I get out of the Saudi jail,” she said.
Looks like she has help now.
Quote:On Monday, UNHCR spokesperson Melissa Flemming tweeted directly to Qunun that representatives were at the airport trying to gain access to her hotel room. It is unclear whether Qunun’s hotel room was being guarded from the outside or if access was blocked by security officials from the lobby.

Flemming later tweeted that the Thai authorities had authorized the visit. “The Thai authorities have granted UNHCR, @Refugees access to Rahaf Mohammed Alqunun at Bangkok airport to assess her need for international refugee protection and find an immediate solution for her situation.”

In a statement Monday, the UNHCR noted that under international law, asylum-seekers cannot be returned to their country of origin if their life is under threat and said the agency has “been trying to seek access from the Thai authorities to meet with Rahaf Mohammed Alqunun.”
Source
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]

Messages In This Thread
Saudi Woman Held at Bangkok Airport - by 727Sky - 01-07-2019, 01:35 PM
RE: Saudi Woman Held at Bangkok Airport - by guohua - 01-07-2019, 04:51 PM
RE: Saudi Woman Held at Bangkok Airport - by BIAD - 01-12-2019, 11:10 AM