Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GlaxoSmithKline Signs $300 Million Deal With Big Pharma
(12-31-2018, 06:01 AM)Ninurta Wrote: ....I found that I have 4th cousins in the UK, Saudi Arabia, Jamaica, and Australia, which also freaked me out just a little
- my entire lineage has been in the US since 1750, so how the hell does THAT happen? I got in touch with one of the UK individuals,
and found that her pa was an American from my state, although the name was entirely unfamiliar.
Still, problem solved.

The cousin in Yorkshire is still a mystery, but I suspect something of the like to the one in Cornwall occurred.
The one in Saudi Arabia is a blonde-haired, round-eyed all American beauty queen, married, apparently, to some sheikh.
It's not hard to figure out what happened there. The Aussie is also a mystery, as their user name is utterly unpronounceable,
so I haven't contacted them - folks obscure their names for a reason.
The Jamaican, I suspect, came from the loins of that same long-ago Nigerian, but via a different route.

Makes me wonder if there are pirates that would fall out if I shook the family tree...
This is why television was invented, to keep the men-folk in at night!
tinyhuh

Quote:...So what are the dangers? If I found that @BIAD and I were related, would we have to wear matching dresses?
I'm more of a granny dress kinda guy, since I don't have the legs for it any more...

The European Union are looking in this, they haven't actually said yet whether a sort of licence or a tariff would be
needed to wear similar garb, but it all depends what mood Juncker is in.

Seriously, I can see the concerns of misusing the DNA information if one assumes companies that deal with ancestry
discovery will lean to a malevolent way of gaining power over those who take part.
But I'd think your name and address would have more importance today than who you're related to when it comes
to selling information in the business world.

Personally, I would be hesitant because of the small community I came from. It was jokingly called 'Indian Village'
because a person who stemmed from one family would look remarkably like the father of another family.
The other reason for a frown is that the Glaxo-Kline facility in my area only do six-month contracts and when my
son when for a job there, it was realised that you can't get a mortgage for a house without a guarantee of permanent
employment.

I'd be interested to see if law enforcement can access such collections of DNA data from these private companies and
why -if possible, it would be used.

However, I'm sure Glaxo-Kline are working on medicines that can improve the look of men's legs.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: GlaxoSmithKline Signs $300 Million Deal With Big Pharma - by BIAD - 12-31-2018, 10:51 AM