Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The EU Army That They Said Wasn't Real.
I understand they are French police vehicles, so why an EU flag? I'm certain that I'm missing something here. Why not a French flag if they are French police? What is the status of the EU politically? Is it an economic combine, or is it a nation now? If it's a nation, then of course it will have national police and an army - and the EU flag indicates to me that these may be French police, but in a national police force - sort of like an Ohioan working in the FBI, or a Virginian working for the US Marshal's Service. When we do that over here, we don't run our state flags, we run national (US) flags and national (agency) badges.

If, on the other hand, it's just an economic combine, why in the hell does it need to run it's combine flag on law enforcement vehicles? That would be like running Proctor and Gamble emblems on our state police cars - that wouldn't fly very long here.

Some economic combines here DO have private police forces, sworn law enforcement, but their jurisdiction is limited to company property. If they came out to meet a riot in public space, there would certainly be hell to pay.

So, I'm sure I'm not understanding something here... or, rather, there.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
The EU Army That They Said Wasn't Real. - by BIAD - 12-08-2018, 09:47 PM
RE: The EU Army That They Said Wasn't Real. - by Wallfire - 12-09-2018, 04:37 PM
RE: The EU Army That They Said Wasn't Real. - by Wallfire - 12-09-2018, 04:48 PM
RE: The EU Army That They Said Wasn't Real. - by Ninurta - 12-09-2018, 08:10 PM
RE: The EU Army That They Said Wasn't Real. - by Wallfire - 12-10-2018, 01:35 PM
RE: The EU Army That They Said Wasn't Real. - by Wallfire - 12-10-2018, 02:42 PM