Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
They Kept This Quiet - In Eight Days They Sign
1) I'm not real clear on why Theresa may feels a need to have an "exit deal". Why not just tell the EU to fuck off and stay on their side of the Channel? I suspect that since the EU started out as the EEC, a purely economic program before it went all rogue and political, that the reason has something to do with economics.

2) I sense an economic opportunity to enhance both the US and the UK via stronger trade deals across the Atlantic instead of across the Channel. Uncle Donnie might want to look into that. It would be good for the both of us.

3) While I don't advocate disbanding the EU, since I have no dog in that fight (that is for the Europeans to figure out), I DO advocate that the US - and any other sensible nation involved - extract themselves from both the UN and NATO, and even the EU for that matter. The UN was never a good idea, it was just a reaction by a war-weary world after WWII, and has outlived it's usefulness by decades. Similarly, NATO has outlived it's remit, since it has been a few decades now since the demise of the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact, which it was the sole purpose of NATO to counter. NATO won, and should have retired, when it admitted former Warsaw Pact nations. Admitting Turkey was a step way too far, and it's not the NORTH ATLANTIC Treaty organization any more, not after that. NATO is now useless, a waste of money.

Exit NATO and let the EU pay for it instead, and exit the UN, boot their asses out of New York, and let them settle in Brussels or somewhere like that, where the bastards belong. The EU can pay that burden, too,and foot the bills for the 90% of freeloader member nations. The US has better things to do with our money. We can save it up for the day Chuck Schumer kicks the bucket so we'll have a nest egg to get started on repairing our infrastructure that he wants to leave rotting.

4) While the US Constitution guarantees our freedom of speech via the First Amendment, I don't know what the setup is in other countries - they may have no such guarantee. I am utterly unwilling to apply US law to other, sovereign, nations. That is for the people of those nations to decide. If they decide in favor of freedom, then there ought to be riots in the streets and revolution in the hills if their government betrays them and signs on to this draconian compact.

5) Fuck the UN, the EU, and the tanks they rode in on. The EU is nothing more than the modern-day Warsaw Pact replacement.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: They Kept This Quiet - In Eight Days They Sign - by Wallfire - 12-02-2018, 07:05 PM
RE: They Kept This Quiet - In Eight Days They Sign - by Wallfire - 12-02-2018, 07:12 PM
RE: They Kept This Quiet - In Eight Days They Sign - by Ninurta - 12-08-2018, 10:20 AM