Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Van Discovered in "Fake Bomb" Investigation
(10-27-2018, 09:54 AM)Wallfire Wrote: Is any one else as worried as I am about the destruction of democracy both in the USA and Europe. I feat its been replaced by some form oligarchy/tyranny.

My wife Grace is, but I'm not.

You do everything you can do, but that's all you can do. Life goes on. Sometimes evil raises it's ugly head again just when you thought you had that head crushed. When that happens, and you've already done all you can do, you just have to let a younger, more vigorous generation take over.

As I told Grace when she voiced the same thought, I take a longer view of human history. Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky, and even the mighty Soviet Union only lasted 70 years or so before the people under it's boot rose and destroyed it. Folks will only take so much bullshit before the urge to be free brings them to the brink.

It's time for a newer generation to take over, and learn the lesson that "you get what you pay for" - and to figure out they've not paid for shit yet...

... and that the rally cry of "give me free shit!" only gets them a pile of unpaid-for shit at their doorstep.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Van Discovered in "Fake Bomb" Investigation - by Wallfire - 10-26-2018, 05:43 PM
RE: Van Discovered in "Fake Bomb" Investigation - by Wallfire - 10-26-2018, 09:05 PM
RE: Van Discovered in "Fake Bomb" Investigation - by Wallfire - 10-27-2018, 09:54 AM
RE: Van Discovered in "Fake Bomb" Investigation - by Ninurta - 10-29-2018, 04:38 PM
RE: Van Discovered in "Fake Bomb" Investigation - by Wallfire - 10-30-2018, 10:45 AM