Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Frightening Encounters With Underground Humanoid Monsters
(10-26-2018, 08:14 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I reckon I'll tell a tale or two from my wild and mis-spent youth...

...a mountain range was pushed upward which is now the Appalachian Mountains of the USA, the Atlas mountains of Morocco, and the Highlands of Scotland...

Over the next 300 million years or so, the action of water on that limestone created a honeycomb within the bedrock, a warren of caves.... I used to sit and drop stones in one, and it would be 30 seconds or so of clattering against the sides of the hole before the stone landed in a body of water with a faint splashing noise. It went deep...
...We explored several channels...
...When I reached the other end, it opened into a huge room, so big that my mining lamp could barely illuminate the ceiling or the far walls. to the right was a large body of water...
...About 30 feet out into the water from the river bank was what looked like a large gray rock... As I played my light along the rock and examined it, it suddenly and silently sank beneath the surface, leaving just a couple ripples to mark where it had been only seconds before. It was only then that I realized that what I had been looking at was the back of some huge water creature sticking out above the surface... it was huge, and smooth gray with no scales or anything of the kind...

I've wondered if that tiny 1' by 1' hole in the ground where I used to toss pebbles into is part of the same system. If so, I'm glad it's tiny...

... because that means nothing big can get out there.

And the bedrock is linked to Scotland....
tinybighuh 

I would have sh*t myself.
Thanks Nin - THAT was brilliant!

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frightening Encounters With Underground Humanoid Monsters - by gordi - 10-26-2018, 03:33 PM