Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Merkel to Resign
While I'm not the best member here to be discussing what goes on across the pond regarding politics, I do think this might be good news. Not meaning her getting the European Commission Chief would be a good thing, but who's to say she would get it?

Am I wrong?

[Image: shutterstock_1046536084-702x459.jpg]

Quote:Bavaria’s state election last weekend proved painful for German Chancellor Angela Merkel. In yet another election next week, Ms. Merkel is expected to see further discomfiture.

The German leader could resign from her post at the December CDU party conference in December in order to take another senior European position.

“Rumours are swirling in Brussels that Merkel could run for the European Commission next year”, Die Welt’s Stefanie Bolzen tells the BBC.
As Jean-Claude Juncker gets ready to retire as European Commission President next year, there have been suggestions that French President Emanuel Macron is considering a run, Italy’s fierce and most popular politician in Italy’s history Deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini has also been asked to run, and now Germany’s Chancellor Angela Merkel could potentially be throwing her hat into the ring.

May the best Italian win!

Sorry, I'm too enthralled with what's going on in the U.S. right now to keep up with other countries that much, so I don't know what to add to this.

Messages In This Thread
Merkel to Resign - by Mystic Wanderer - 10-21-2018, 08:06 PM
RE: Merkel to Resign - by guohua - 10-21-2018, 10:45 PM
RE: Merkel to Resign - by Ninurta - 10-22-2018, 03:52 AM
RE: Merkel to Resign - by Wallfire - 10-22-2018, 08:14 PM
RE: Merkel to Resign - by BIAD - 10-29-2018, 10:00 PM
RE: Merkel to Resign - by Wallfire - 10-30-2018, 09:58 AM