Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thousands of Migrants Head to U.S. Border
(10-22-2018, 02:05 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Not sure where the invasion march is right now, or the intended route they are going to take along the way.

A mass of people like that can only travel so fast on foot, maybe 10 to 20 miles a day on good days. I suspect many of them will now board "convenient" forms of transportation to speed that journey up. If there are really 10,000 of them, they will probably get to a release point in Durango and disperse from that release point to hit the border at several different points to maximize the chances that at least some of them will get to sneak through - we only have so many border control agents, and what we have can't be at every single point on the border even if all of them were out at the same time, 24/7. 3000 - 4000 will probably head for Tijuana and consequently San Diego, and the rest will disperse along the border in smaller groups. Some will hit checkpoints as a distraction to allow others to sneak across elsewhere.

That's just my best guess. It's what I would do if I were running an invasion force. The best place to stop them would have been when they were all packed together on that bridge.

Guerilla war is often just a matter of force concentration or dispersion as the situation demands. Dispersion forces your opponent to either concentrate force at a particular point, thus pulling it away from other vulnerable points, or pulling it apart in too many knots to get an effective force concentration in any one place. You may send a fairly large force to a particular point where it is expected in order to distract the opposition and force a concentration there to defend that point, while the rest of your forces in smaller groups attacks unguarded or weakened points created by the diversion and concentration of your opponents.

Look for them to report that the "caravan weakened and started to fall apart as weary travelers fell by the wayside or turned back with only a few making it to the border", and don't believe a damned word of it - you already know what is really happening when that is said now.

Yes, I'm thinking of this "migration" in terms of guerrilla war, because that's exactly what it is - an invading guerrilla force.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thousands of Migrants Head to U.S. Border - by Ninurta - 10-22-2018, 04:57 PM
RE: Thousands of Migrants Head to U.S. Border - by Wallfire - 10-23-2018, 11:24 AM
RE: Thousands of Migrants Head to U.S. Border - by Wallfire - 10-23-2018, 11:14 AM
RE: Thousands of Migrants Head to U.S. Border - by Wallfire - 10-24-2018, 10:50 AM
RE: Thousands of Migrants Head to U.S. Border - by Wallfire - 10-25-2018, 12:20 PM
RE: Thousands of Migrants Head to U.S. Border - by Wallfire - 10-26-2018, 09:28 AM
RE: Thousands of Migrants Head to U.S. Border - by Wallfire - 10-26-2018, 05:03 PM
RE: Thousands of Migrants Head to U.S. Border - by Wallfire - 11-05-2018, 08:19 PM