Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Case of The Missing Gnomes.
I confess... I do have a history that includes Gnomes....

BUT!! It was almost the reverse of Gnome-napping.

When my next door naighbours were away on holiday I placed several gnomes in their shrubberies (partially hidden) and added a "SQUATTERS RIGHTS" sign for them to hold up!
I then topped off the prank by posting a local newspaper (which I had... "accidentally" edited...) through their letterbox.
The paper had a front page article featuring the plight of the Homeless Gnomes and how they had found an "abandoned" property, moved in and declared Squatters Rights!

I am delighted to report that the prank worked incredibly well. (They often had the local paper delivered and were laughing about the front-page Gnome story until they recognised their own shrubbery in the main photo!!! It was only after this that they looked outside and discovered the Gnomes!!!

They were so taken with them that they decided to let them stay.
Their next surprise was the following Christmas, when I painted them up to look like Santa & his little helpers (without telling my neighbours!!!!)
It took a couple of days for them to notice, but the belly laughing, when it arrived, was a wondrous thing to behold!

True Story that.

G

PS - It has been known for Scottish Gnome-Nappers to take other peoples Gnomes on holiday with them, then to send the real owner photos of the Gnomes from various exotic locations!!!!!  (I haven't done that!!!! (Yet!))
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]

Messages In This Thread
The Case of The Missing Gnomes. - by BIAD - 05-07-2018, 08:54 PM
RE: The Case of The Missing Gnomes. - by guohua - 05-07-2018, 09:19 PM
RE: The Case of The Missing Gnomes. - by BIAD - 05-07-2018, 09:37 PM
RE: The Case of The Missing Gnomes. - by guohua - 05-07-2018, 10:56 PM
RE: The Case of The Missing Gnomes. - by gordi - 05-07-2018, 11:08 PM
RE: The Case of The Missing Gnomes. - by guohua - 05-07-2018, 11:27 PM
RE: The Case of The Missing Gnomes. - by BIAD - 05-08-2018, 09:24 AM
RE: The Case of The Missing Gnomes. - by Wallfire - 05-08-2018, 08:58 AM
RE: The Case of The Missing Gnomes. - by BIAD - 05-08-2018, 09:26 AM