Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This One Is For Ninurta.
(04-30-2018, 10:04 AM)BIAD Wrote: What about a vase...? A carved piece of wooden art?
There's a definite theme running through your choice of ornaments.
smallcrackingup 
 There's still been no news of the bolt-shot burglar, maybe he's laid in a ditch somewhere.
minusculethumbsup

I thought the hand-carved war clubs counted as "carved pieces of wooden art"? Why, I carved the handle of one of them into a horse's leg! It wasn't easy, either. I made it out of what they call "piss elm" around here, and it's hard as a bullet... wore out a knife carving on that thing! Another, made from red oak, is what is called a "ball headed war club" by anthropologists, or "pokeshi" in native Shawnee. The ball at the head is carved as a snake's head - and that ain't art?

Puh-leeeze!

Grace does have a vase, btw, in the middle of the kitchen table. I bought it for her shortly after we were married, and disguised it with flowers... but I really selected it because just one rap on the kitchen counter will produce many jagged and sharp edges on it on my way to, erm, answer the door...

As for the unfortunate gent who encountered the crossbow bolt, if it did any real and deadly damage, then he may well be face down in a ditch somewhere... or at the bottom of an abandoned mine shaft or the like... or tossed in a river and floated out to sea by now. The possibilities are endless, but he ain't likely to bother granny any more in any case!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
This One Is For Ninurta. - by BIAD - 04-18-2018, 10:11 PM
RE: This One Is For Ninurta. - by Mystic Wanderer - 04-19-2018, 04:04 AM
RE: This One Is For Ninurta. - by Wallfire - 04-24-2018, 06:02 PM
RE: This One Is For Ninurta. - by Ninurta - 04-30-2018, 08:15 AM
RE: This One Is For Ninurta. - by Ninurta - 04-30-2018, 08:01 AM
RE: This One Is For Ninurta. - by BIAD - 04-30-2018, 10:04 AM
RE: This One Is For Ninurta. - by Ninurta - 05-02-2018, 05:01 AM
RE: This One Is For Ninurta. - by Wallfire - 04-30-2018, 09:47 AM