Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This One Is For Ninurta.
I'm familiar with that crossbow - I have two just like it, one hanging on a wall here, one in my sisters attic. They are one-handed "pistol" crossbows. There are two draw weights - 50 lb (most common) and 80 lb. Most of the bolts you find are plastic, although I got lucky once and found a dozen aluminum bolts, which are heavier and have a greater impact. The plastic ones are pretty light, and don't hit very hard.

I also have two 150 lb draw full size crossbows hanging on the living room wall - one with a fiberglass prod, the other with a steel one. 3 long bows in the corner behind my chair, and several more in the process of being made (out of black locust), outside in the yard. 8 swords standing in a trash can beside my chair - one for ever day of the week, plus a spare. Two training bokkens - and remember that Miyamoto Musashi killed his first man at 13 with a training bokken - his opponent was a samurai, armed with a katana. A night stick, a riot baton, and 3 hand-carved war clubs reside in the same receptacle. 3 spears stand in the corner next to the entry door. Another sword (a wakizashi) has the place of honor at my bedpost, as does a shovel handle. 3 tomahawks. a battle axe. a bag full of knives. That's not even including the firearms.

I think I may have found a kindred spirit across the pond!

Anyone - or anything - trying to break in here will likely not have a fun time. Just this evening, a possum tried to get into the window beside my chair...

... the shot fired woke Grace from a sound sleep, for which I am deeply remorseful.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
This One Is For Ninurta. - by BIAD - 04-18-2018, 10:11 PM
RE: This One Is For Ninurta. - by Mystic Wanderer - 04-19-2018, 04:04 AM
RE: This One Is For Ninurta. - by Wallfire - 04-24-2018, 06:02 PM
RE: This One Is For Ninurta. - by Ninurta - 04-30-2018, 08:15 AM
RE: This One Is For Ninurta. - by Ninurta - 04-30-2018, 08:01 AM
RE: This One Is For Ninurta. - by BIAD - 04-30-2018, 10:04 AM
RE: This One Is For Ninurta. - by Ninurta - 05-02-2018, 05:01 AM
RE: This One Is For Ninurta. - by Wallfire - 04-30-2018, 09:47 AM